High Impact Instructional Leadership
Two Types of In-School Consultancy
Southern Cross Consultancy offers a number of types of expert consultancy -
- Quality Teacher Coaching for K-12 teachers
- Supporting High Impact Instructional Leadership for Principals and leadership teams.
Research studies cite quality teaching and effective school leadership as the two most profound determinants in student achievement.
An instructional leader is one who not only collaboratively leads change, challenging and empowering their teachers, but also one who inspires, supports and encourages their team. With the many obstacles experienced by leaders, it can often feel like a daily challenge to embody the capabilities of a transformational leader. With a Southern Cross Consultancy leadership package, you receive the support to strengthen your role as a facilitator, architect, instructional leader, coach, strategic teacher, steward and ultimately a "leader of leaders."
We listen to your particular needs, your school's unique context and work collaboratively as "critical friends" to scaffold and support you in leading whole school change within a research-based framework.
Our expert consultants have strong backgrounds of leadership experience themselves and have built outstanding reputations as agents of change in various settings.
How You Benefit From SCC Leadership Coaching:
- Receive one on one leadership support and mentoring, particularly in building a professional learning culture
- Further building high impact instructional leadership capacity in:
- Gathering and analyzing systemic and school based data
- Focusing on the impact of teaching on learning
- Setting challenging targets to maximize student outcomes
- Actively listening to teachers' and students' voices
- Seeing assessment as feedback on teachers' actions
- Developing, implementing and monitoring data informed strategic action plans based on core drivers of student achievement
- Receive collaborative and practical support in preparing for annual Quality Reviews and Principal Performance Reviews
- Increased skills in leading whole school Instructional Rounds using the school's instructional focus
- Deepened understanding of process and practices in implementing teacher evaluations including instructionally-focused frequent feedback
- Enhanced strategies in leading a culture of change
- Increased knowledge and practical strategies in building distributive teacher leadership practices
- Further understanding of key Common Core instructional shifts and implications for whole school approaches to curriculum and assessment
Receive support with establishing and implementing organizational systems and structures which support student achievement.
"The high impact leader creates a school climate in which everybody learns, learning is shared, and critique isn't just tolerated, it is welcomed..." (Professor John Hattie, 2015)
Southern Cross Consultancy offers various professional learning packages as well as custom options based on your school's individual needs. To find out more about package pricing, please complete the form below.
What Principals Like You Are Saying About Southern Cross Consultancy Coaching
"Our SCC education consultant is an expert in building trusting relationships with each teacher, the foundation of which is still there today as together we grapple with the expectations of the Common Core Standards. With her background in leadership, she also is able to weave various aspects of Whole School Reform within these professional learning sessions, all based on data-informed instruction." - Principal, Brooklyn NY
"From the beginning, we worked collaboratively to develop and share the vision, enlist the teachers in the learning process and build teacher leadership through data-driven professional learning experiences. The results have been profound on teacher practice and knowledge." - Principal, Bronx NY