Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally: The Professional Development Edition for Mathematics Coaches and Other Teacher ... Student-Centered Mathematics Series)
Author: John A. Van de Walle
Number Of Pages: 592
Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally, Professional Development Edition provides unparalleled depth of ideas and discussion to help mathematics coaches and other teacher leaders foster teachers’ understanding of the mathematics they will teach and the most effective teaching methods for the various mathematics topics. This text reflects the philosophy of the NCTM and Common Core State Standards and the benefits of problem-based mathematics instruction. The Coach/Teacher Leader Guide to this Book and Activities Matrix that appear at the front of the book and Professional Learning Opportunities sections, Coach/Teacher Leader Considerations boxes, and PDToolkit boxes that appear at the end of each chapter ensure this book is a valuable resource for all educators who facilitate mathematics professional development and support students making sense of mathematics.
A complimentary access code for the online PDToolkit (http://pdtoolkit.pearson.com) inside every new book gives mathematics leaders access to:
- Videos highlighting student mathematical thinking
- Downloadable tools and templates
- Expanded lessons
- Blackline masters
- Children’s literature matrix
To access PDToolkit for the first time:
You will need to register online using a computer with an Internet connection and a web browser. The process takes just a couple of minutes and only needs to be completed once.
- Go to http://pdtoolkit.pearson.com/
- Select your book.
- Under Register, select your user type: K-12 Teacher, College Instructor, or College Student
- Click Register Here.
- If you have an existing Pearson account, enter it. If you do not, follow the prompts to make a Pearson account.
- Enter your access code* found beneath the pull tab. Do not type the dashes. You can use lowercase or uppercase letters.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. If you need help at any time during the online registration process, simply click the Need Help? Icon.
- Once you have successfully registered, you can begin using the PDToolkit !
You only need to register for the PDToolkit once. After that, you can log in any time at http://pdtoolkit.pearson.com/ by providing your Login Name and Password when prompted.
*Important: Each access code can only be used once. The subscription is valid for six months upon activation and is not transferable. If the access code has already been revealed, it may no longer be valid. If this is the case, you can purchase a subscription by going to http://pdtoolkit.pearson.com/ and following the on-screen instructions
Share this Product
More from this collection
What's Math Got to Do with It?: Helping Children Learn to Love Their Least Favorite Subject--and Why It's Important for America by Boaler, Jo published by Viking Adult (2008) Hardcover
Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics: Developmentally Appropriate Instruction for Grades Pre-K-2 (Volume I) (2nd Edition) (Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics Series)
Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics: Developmentally Appropriate Instruction for Grades 6-8 (Volume III) (2nd Edition) (Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics Series)