Now I Get It: Strategies for Building Confident and Competent Mathematicians, K-6
Author: Susan O'Connell
Number Of Pages: 144
Good teaching is the critical factor that helps students "get" math. Thanks to Susan O'Connell, you can provide top-notch mathematics instruction - even if you've never felt comfortable teaching it before. With Now I Get It, you'll increase your repertoire of instructional strategies as well as receive the information, reflective tools, and resources you need to make them work effectively.
As she did in her popular Introduction to Problem Solving, O'Connell provides a practical guide to teaching math for understanding and clarity, only this time moving one step further to provide a complete picture of elementary math instruction. She presents advice and insight about:
- what a teacher's role is during math time
- how to actively engage your students in mathematical thinking, and how to know when they are connecting with math concepts or may require further support
- how to teach both computational skills and mathematical thinking skills
- how to use problem solving, cooperative projects, writing assignments, and real-life examples to stimulate and maintain interest
- how to incorporate math talk and vocabulary into your lessons.
Help children make mathematics an integral part of how they live in and appreciate their world. Read Now I Get It, and find new ways to make your math instruction more effective and more exciting for yourself and your students.